- Improving teaching material through educational big data, JSPS Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B), No. 16H03078, Principal Investigator, 2016-2019
- Research and Development on Fundamental and Utilization Technologies for Social Big Data, the Commissioned Research of National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), No.178A03, Co-Investigator,2014.07～2016.03.
- Research Trend Survey Learning Environment, Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists B, No. 25750084, Principal Investigator, 2013-2015
- SNS-based Learning Environment, Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists B, No. 21700816, Principal Investigator, 2009-2010
Milkyway Search Engine
Research trend survey is an essential preliminary step for any academic researches, but many beginning researchers have difficulty because they are still foreign to appropriate keywords in his/her research field. We constructed a support system for research trend surveys not only to accelerate the preliminary step but also to let students have a better grips of trend progresses and keyword transitions. Our system assumes a fair amount of data accumulation, for which we employed KAKEN database excerpts, but does not assume manual keyword registration or any other heuristic preprocesses: with an associative search module, it dynamically searches relevant words that are frequently used in the targeted academic field and gives users effective visualizations to understand trend transitions. Preliminary evaluations suggest that the trend transitions that our system presents are effective for trend surveys.
- Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists B, No. 25750084
- Journal of Educational Technology & Society (2013)
- ICCE (2014)
- ICCE (2013)
- LTLE (2013)
- LTLE (2013)
Using the SNS-based system, individual users are allowed to participate in a collaborative online community in remote locations, helpers are willing to help other users solve their tasks/problems, and it is intended that both the users and helpers gain knowledge from these interactive online sessions.
- Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists B, 21700816(2009)
- Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (2015)
- Active Media Technology(AMT)(2012)
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Information Engineering(2009)